Project Manager - Healthcare Construction (OSHPD)
Reports to: Business Unit Leader
Supervises: Project Engineer(s) & Project Coordinator(s)
Preferred Skills & Qualifications:
Education: Bachelor’s Degree
Area of Study: Engineering, Business or Construction related field or experience with the construction world
Experience: 3-5 years experience with Healthcare – OSHPD
Other: Knowledge of Project Management functions
Proficient with MS Word, Excel, Outlook, Projects, Master Builder, Timberline, AutoCAD
Good organization skills, creating and maintaining activity and document logs, filing, etc.
Excellent communication skills written and verbal; listening, diplomacy, and assertiveness.
Ability to track budgets and schedules; familiar with contract administration
Important Characteristics of Applicant:
- Ability to track budgets and schedules
- Thoroughness & Accuracy
- Organization & Time Management
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills: listening, diplomacy and assertiveness
- Manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Provide leadership to the Project Staff and the Project.
- Actively participate with the Director of Operations and Estimating Department in development of a Project Chart of Accounts.
- Develop a detailed CPM Construction Schedule with the help of the Scheduling Department, the assigned Project Superintendent and other assigned Staff personnel. Update and maintain the Construction Schedule as necessary.
- In conjunction with the Operations Department, develop a detailed Project Contract Status Report. Coordinate/participate with the Director of Operations and Operations Department in the actual buyout of the Project, including negotiating and issuing Subcontracts and Purchase Orders.
- Coordinate with the Project Superintendent in the development of a Project Site Logistics Plan and the implementation of same.
- Maintain a thorough understanding of the ETC/Owner Contract, the Front Ends (if applicable), the Drawings and the Specifications.
- Produce a responsibility listing for the entire Project Staff. This listing shall include administrative assignments such as:
- Scheduling (CPM / Short Term)
- Direct work material review
- Direct work labor review
- MEP coordination
- Subcontractor lead person assignments
- Owner Payment Applications
- Change Order Proposal preparation
- Job Cost maintenance
- Claim review handling
The responsibility listing must be submitted to the Director of Operations for review and approval.
- Oversee the Pay Request Process, maximizing ETC’s cash flow position. Establish regular and frequent communication to achieve timely receipt of payment.
- Oversee the change order process; ensure that this project is in line with the change order initiative.
- Monitor Project costs (labor, material, equipment and Subcontract) and identify opportunities for improvements/saving and problem areas which may result in cost overruns. Review with the Project Staff and Director of Operations possible solutions to correct or mitigate negative trends; promptly implement selected corrective action.
- Monitor Job Cost Report for proper and timely maintenance.
- Analyze, forecast and complete quarterly profit Projection/ECAC.
- Implement and monitor the training of all Staff personnel coordinating with available programs. Ensure weekly engineer training/mentor session are taking place.
- Continuously monitor Project labor to verify that the Project is properly manned for schedule and budget requirements.
- Review and approve, with the Superintendent input, the material, forming systems, and equipment needs of the projection.
- Challenge Superintendent and Field Staff to find new means and methods of construction to increase profitability, quality, and schedule.
- Implement applicable safety and quality programs, EEO programs and Affirmative Action Programs on the Project(s).
- Develop and maintain ongoing relationships with Project Owner, Architect, Consultants, Subcontractors, Material Suppliers and Inspectors.
- Establish, maintain and lead the on-site Total Quality Management process.
- Develop, schedule and lead the project close-out process.
- Coordinate tasks and responsibilities as described and assigned to the Project Manager and/or Staff Members within the following:
- Field Procedures
- Safety Guidelines
- Job Cost
- Assist the Estimating Department in bidding Projects and the Marketing/Business Development Department in researching and marketing future opportunities.
- Mentor and promote positive Staff morale and resolve potential morale conflicts.
- Promote positive public and community relations, with assistance from Marketing/Business Development Department.
- If an Assistant Project Manager is not assigned to the Project(s), assume responsibility for the duties listed under the Tasks and Responsibilities for Assistant Project Manager.