Project Engineer - Healthcare Construction (OSHPD)
Reports to: Construction Project Manager/Superintendent
Supervises: Project Coordinator
Area of Study: Construction
Experience: 1-3 years with experience, healthcare preferred
Other: Proficient with MS Word, Excel, Outlook, Projects, Master Builder, AutoCAD
Good organization skills, creating and maintaining activity and document logs, filing, etc.
Excellent communication skills written and verbal; listening, diplomacy, and assertiveness.
Ability to track budgets and schedules
Education: Bachelor’s Degree a plus
Area of Study: Engineering, Business or construction related field or experience with the construction world
Experience: 3-5 years’ experience with Healthcare – OSHPD A PLUS
Other: Knowledge of Project Management functions
Proficient in construction management software: Sage, Master Builder, MS Projects, Timberline, AutoCAD
Ability to track budgets and schedules; familiar with contract administration
- Assist in preparing construction schedules, submittal schedules (Material and Equipment Log), ETC and/or Subcontractor schedule of values for payment, obtaining permits as necessary, and performing other start-up coordination tasks as assigned.
- Distribute Plans and Specifications after award of the Project as assigned.
- Become thoroughly familiar with the Project Drawings and Specifications (including the General Conditions), Owner Contract, and Subcontracts.
- Assist on bid and proposal development as required.
- Thoroughly review and track all Subcontractor and Vendor submittals to verify their compliance with the Contract Documents and coordination with other building components. Upon approval of submittals, expedite material procurement and delivery and coordinate with other building components.
- Assist in the review and updating of cost reports and schedules
- As assigned, prepare and issue all Backcharges to Subcontractors and Vendors upon completion of the Backcharge work. Monitor same for collection.
- Review and verify Payment Applications by Subcontracts and Vendors for approval by Project Manager.
- Assist Project Manager and Project Superintendent in preparation for Weekly Progress Meeting with all Subcontractors on the Project. Take minutes of such meetings and distribute weekly.
- As assigned, oversee the coordination process of primary Subcontractors (mechanical, electrical, plumbing, fire protection, drywall/framing, etc.). Conduct regularly scheduled Coordination Meetings and issue minutes.
- Prioritize, submit and monitor Requests for Information (RFI’s).
- Assist Project Manager and Project Superintendent in coordinating all aspects of Potential Change Orders (PCOs)/ Change Proposal Requests (CPRs). Prepare cost report maintenance and Subcontractor Modifications after approval of Change Orders.
- Maintain a current set of Contract Documents, including As-Built Plans. As-Built plan maintenance entails taping of plan sheets and posting of RFIs to plans.
- Assist in Subcontractor Pre-installation Conferences and preparation and monitoring of quality management. Assist the Project Staff in improving quality in all tasks.
- Assist in the Project specific safety and accident prevention program.
- Track Subcontractor and Vendor lien waivers and insurance requirements.
- Prepare the detailed Project specific closeout log. Utilizing the log, track and implement Project closeout requirements.
- Become familiar with and utilize the following procedures:
- Field Procedures
- Safety Guidelines
- Job Cost
- Project a positive public and community image of ETC Building and Design, Inc. at all times.