Journeyman Electrician Job Summary
The Journeyman Electrician will install and maintain the electrical wiring, fixtures, and systems in buildings.
- Ability to follow electrical code manuals to install and repair electrical systems.
- Understand schematic diagrams, blueprints, and other specifications.
- Experience working with hand tools, power tools, and electronic test equipment.
- Installs and repairs electrical wiring, systems, and fixtures in buildings.
- Installs conduits and pipes to house electrical wires and cables.
- Ensures piping complies with electrical codes.
- Installs circuit breakers and other electrical hardware and connects wiring to them.
- Connects electrical systems to powerlines to provide electricity to the building.
- Tests electrical systems to ensure proper installation and operation.
- Inspects electrical systems to determine whether repairs are needed.
- Replaces conduit and wiring as needed.
- Replaces circuit breakers as needed.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Drug free at all times.
- Five (5) year of experience as an electrician.
- Ability to read blueprints.
- Extensive knowledge of electrical systems and wiring.
- Ability to use hand tools and power tools.
- Proficient in the use of test meters and other diagnostic equipment.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Strong working knowledge of job site safety as well as ability to complete a company specific safety orientation.
- Must have a valid Arizona driver's license and a dependable car.
Education and Experience:
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Completion of a formal apprenticeship and valid electrician’s license required.
- Must be able to see color to discern color-coded wiring.
- Prolonged periods standing, kneeling, bending, and climbing ladders or scaffolding.
- Must be physically capable of pulling wires and cables through conduits.
- Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds at a time.
- Ability to climb ladders to heights up to 30 ft.
- Possible company vehicle depending on skill level and performance.