Apprentice Electrician Job Summary:
The Apprentice Electrician will assist with the journeyman in installation and maintenance of electrical wiring, fixtures, and systems in buildings.
- Ability to follow instructions.
- Understand basic code requirements.
- Experience working with hand tools, power tools, and electronic test equipment.
- Installs and repairs electrical wiring, systems, and fixtures in buildings.
- Installs conduits and pipes to house electrical wires and cables.
- Ensures piping complies with electrical codes.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Drug free at all times.
- Basic math and reading skills
- Ability to use hand tools and power tools.
- Basic knowledge of job site safety as well as ability to complete a company specific safety orientation. Must have a valid Arizona driver's license and dependable car.
Education and Experience:
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Must be able to see color to discern color-coded wiring.
- Prolonged periods standing, kneeling, bending, and climbing ladders or scaffolding.
- Must be physically capable of pulling wires and cables through conduits.
- Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds at a time.
- Ability to climb ladders to heights up to 30 ft.